Marin Utsav 2017– Cultural Program Registration and Act Guidelines
Registration Period: Feb 14th – Feb 24th 2017
Sign up genius: Mar12th – Mar 22nd 2017
Conditional act confirmation: Mar 11th 2017
Final Act Confirmation: Mar 26th 2017
The information below will guide you through the registration process.
- Participants can perform in only one act. Balvihar Invocation will be the only exception to the one act rule. (e.g. Balvihar invocation + 1 act is fine).
- Childrens under 5 are allowed ONLY in a group performance with other kids and with specific approval from the MIAA cultural committee.
- Solos and duets will have a time limit of 3 minutes. Group acts with more than two participants are allowed a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Within 24 hours of submitting your registration, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your registration. Contact Maithili Shankar(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Priyanka Pandey(email@example.com)if you do not receive it.
- Choreographers are responsible for getting their group on the stage well in time and coordinating with the backstage/hall management team.
- Sign Up Genius registrations: Marin Utsav is completely volunteer driven. To keep our costs down, we have adopted a volunteer model similar to kids sports leagues. One member of each participant’s family will need to volunteer for the MU event. Families can opt out of volunteering by paying $25 to ‘Marin Indian American Association. This will help offset the cost of hiring outside help. Your act will not be confirmed until every participant family signs up for a volunteer slot/pay the opt out fee. The person registering the act is responsible for coordinating this with your participant families. Click on the below link for volunteer registration.